Join ILAC International College to build a successful career today!
Who are we looking for?
A highly motivated, dynamic and dedicated professional to join our College team in a Student Services role. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, dynamic self-starter who thrives in a multicultural, fast-paced environment, and dedicated and passionate for high customer service experience for our students.
Student Services Manager is responsible for various administrative tasks related to the ILACIC programs, but more importantly, to provide an ongoing support to all students at the College and ensuring a high quality customer experience, and subsequently reaching high student satisfaction. The Candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as previous experience in administrative and client services role, and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
This is a full-time position, based in Vancouver.
What you will be doing:
- Provide daily support to students studying in the College with all their questions and inquiries;
- Manage and respond to escalated student issues; accurately document and provide effective problem resolution options;
- Plan and execute all aspects of the orientation, including communicating with the students prior to arrival and conduct the presentation on the orientation date;
- Check new application packages and create database folders, follow up with missing documents as needed;
- Create and file midterm transcripts, send them to students, make sure that they receive it and follow up with them regarding results and attendance;
- Schedule and conduct interviews as part of the admission process (in-person and by Skype);
- Create enrollment related documentation, and ensure the student database complete;
- Draft Memos for student folders;
- Work closely with the rest of the college team regarding program changes, updates, and upcoming events;
- Review final grades and attendance, ensure that are recorded accurately in the internal database;
- Follow up with instructors regarding failing students;
- Check student files on regular basis to ensure quality control and adherence to ministry standards;
- Create and file final transcripts and diplomas when students graduated;
- Upload every transcript after the graduation date to the third party;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication Skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Quality and Excellence Orientation
- Positive Team player
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ethics and Culture sensitivity
- Exceptional Planning and Organizing skills
- University or college diploma or degree in or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with international students is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Acts with ethics and integrity and demonstrates sound judgment and respect for the individual in all interactions with others;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Works well in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment where decisions and actions need to happen quickly and professionally;
- Ability to identify problems, implement independent immediate solutions and create alternative solutions when needed;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong English language skills; other languages is an asset;
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations and meetings;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
- Strong computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word;
You also bring:
- Willingness for self-development and day-to-day learning;
- Enthusiasm and passion for customer service;
- International experience.
Apply Now! We are accepting applications!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your application including your cover letter and resume email@example.com;
- Include your resume and a cover letter (tell us why you want to work with ILACIC);
- Please make sure the subject line of your email states Student Services Manager ;
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and available to start immediately.
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying for the position, kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.